- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden Patio
- Reverse level over two floors
- Four bedrooms
- 1 x ground floor double
- 1 x twin with en-suite shower room with basin and WC
- 1 x twin (zip and link to 6′ double)
- 1 x first floor king size double bedroom
- Ground floor shower room with basin, WC and sauna
- First floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC
- First floor sitting room with wood burner
- Dining hall.
- Central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and small freezer in garage, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher
- sauna, TV with freeview, WiFi, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot available
- Garden with furniture
- Off road parking for two cars
- Two pets welcome at £25 each per week
- Sorry no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 minute walk
- Coast 5 minute walk
A substantial detached house in an outstanding position a few yards from the sea in the charismatic fishing village of Cadgwith.
Set into the hillside and back from the road, Mengarth has reverse level accommodation to appreciate the sea views.
Inside find spacious dimensions, slate flagstones, wood flooring, wood burner, books, artistic touches, bath and sauna to relax in post cliff top rambles.
On the first floor are the sitting room, kitchen and dining hall plus one bedroom and bathroom.
There are three further bedrooms on the ground floor plus two shower rooms.
Accessed from the kitchen is a patio with furniture while the outlook from the steep terraced garden is unbeatable ( be sure to take care on the steps).
Featured in BBC-TV’s Fisherman’s Apprentice, Cadgwith is one of the most mesmerising fishing/artist villages in an area of outstanding beauty.
This is a place for all who love the smell of sea air, fresh fish from the boat, rock pool expeditions, cliff top rambles, sea shanties, time with family and friends and good food and beer at the 300 year old smugglers’ inn.
Cadgwith could not be lovelier; it is the destination to slow down and unwind, where modern world stresses are shut out.
There is a separate sandy beach for sunbathing and swimming and nearby Kynance Cove, rated as one of the best beaches in the world by the National Trust.
It is also a great launch pad for sailing on the Helford, golfing at Mullion’s coastal course and the gardens at Trebah and Glendurgan are simply stunning and Rick Stein’s seafood restaurant at nearby Porthleven is epicurean heaven.
The perfect family retreat, Mengarth is a real home from home.