- Pet friendly
- Close to beach
- Perfect for families
- Three bedrooms: 1 x ground-floor super-king-size, 1 x family room with double and truckle bed, 1 x family room with double and bunk beds
- Ground-floor bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC
- First-floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- Dining room that seats 10
- Sitting room
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher piano, selection of books, TV and WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and travel cot available
- Fixed stairgate at top of stairs
- Off-road parking for four cars
- Private garden with lawn and seating
- Access to woodland garden
- Two well behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub within 3.7 miles
- Note: This property will sleep a maximum of 8 adults and 2 children; 10 adults will not be accepted
- Note: Towels from the farmhouse should never be taken to the beach, so please bring your own bathing towels.
Along the coast from Coverack, a picturesque fishing village on the Lizard Peninsula, is this wonderful stone farmhouse, situated on a non-working farm and 200 yards from the cliffs and sea.
It is one of three separate and well spaced out properties on the site Suited for a large family holiday, this property is ideal for families, with its three bedrooms, sleeping up to ten people.
Featuring exposed wooden beams and a blue sofa and chair suite brings it back into modern day, with a television for watching one of your favourite films on a quiet evening in.
Continue through the property’s wooden farmhouse doors into the dining area with a large stone and brick fireplace and a woodburner, not in use, where you’ll enjoy many nights sat around the table with a tasty meal talking over old times and new, or playing a board game and indulging your competitive sides!
Duck under the low entrance into the newly equipped kitchen, where you can find all the appliances you’ll need to cook up some fantastic dishes, or prepare sandwiches for a picnic on the beach later on in the day.
Also on the ground-floor is a bathroom, which has a bath and a separate shower as well as basin and WC, and there’s a ground-floor bedroom hosting a super-king-size bed, which can be made into a twin room on request.
Upstairs are the other two family bedrooms; one with a double bed and bunk beds, and the other with a double and a truckle bed, with antique furniture throughout the rooms to store your belongings, and with lovely views out to the garden below and the sea beyond, as well as a first-floor shower room with WC and washbasin to serve these bedrooms.
The property benefits from a large lawned garden, with a plethora of flora and foliage, a delightful Wendy House, and seating for when you want to enjoy some alfresco dining on a warm summer evening.
You can also walk to the cliffs through the fabulous woodland garden with its pond and folly, its huge variety of colourful shrubs and trees, and its many places to sit and look out to sea.
Pack your beach bag and walk along the cliff path to beautiful Kennack Sands, or take a 10-minute drive to Coverack Beach, which also has wonderful sands beyond the rocks except when the tide is really high.
With its gorgeous blue waters on a clear day, it will be picture perfect for a great group photo.
Located just off the coast of Coverack is a group of dangerous rocks called the Manacles reef, which have caused many ships to sink so it is now a popular area for divers exploring shipwrecks.
It is a great area for walking along the Lizard Peninsula, with both directions home to Sites of Special Scientific Interest owing to the unique geology of the Lizard, with hidden coves and rugged headlands revealed along the way.
It is also within easy reach of the Helford River, ideal for anyone who loves sailing (holiday membership available); Roskilly’s farm, where you can buy their famous ice creams and enjoy a cream tea or an evening barbecue; and numerous other attractions for children and adults alike.
Poldowrian Farmhouse will be a brilliant retreat for families and friends to come together and enjoy this incredible part of Cornwall.